- Book presentation of The Auto-Ethnographic Turn in Design
- Panel discussion during Dutch Design Week with (a.o.) alumni of the Design Academy Eindhoven
What: Panel Discussion on The Stage of the ARENA
Where: Graduation Show - Design Academy Eindhoven
Beursgebouw, Lardinoisstraat 10, Eindhoven
When: Thursday, October 21st, 15:00-16:00
Organized by: The Arena, Design Academy Eindhoven
Admission: Free for DDW passholders or with a DAE Graduation Show ticket/bracelet
To mark the publication of The Auto-Ethnographic Turn in Design, The Arena at Design Academy Eindhoven will hold a panel discussion during Dutch Design Week. We will hear from alumni of Design Academy Eindhoven as well as professionals from the fields of design and education.
Design is often so consumed by external demands (the market, trends, ideas of social good) that it neglects its source of intuition, nuance and inspiration—making sense of oneself vis-à-vis one’s material context. The auto-ethnographic turn in design takes us back to a form of design that starts at the self and one’s experiences before scaling up or moving outwards to engage with wider sets of concerns.
The Arena live programme will host Panel Discussions and Graduate Talks at the Graduation Show - they will also be streamed live on the DAE website (you can watch here).
Ceola Tunstall-Behrens - MA Contextual Design Alumni 2020, and Arena Programme Manager
- Bruno Baietto - MA Contextual Design Graduate 2021
- Anna Aagaard Jensen - MA Contextual Design Alumni 2018, and current head of DesignLab at the Gerrit Rietveld Academy
- Michael Kaethler - co-editor of The Auto-Ethnographic Turn in Design, design sociologist at KU Leuven
- Oli Stratford - Chief Editor, Disegno
- Hicham Khalidi - Director, Jan van Eyck Academy