Text/authors: Arie Altena, Henk Blanken, Andrew Blauvelt, Erwin Blom, James Bridle, Max Bruinsma, Anne Burdick, Vito Campanelli, Catalogtree, Florian Cramer, Sean Dockray, Paulien Dresscher, Dunne & Raby, Sven Ehmann, Martin Ferro-Thomsen, Jeff Gomez & 66 other authors
.. Editors: Mieke Gerritzen, Geert Lovink, Minke Kampman
.. € 17,50
• How will we grapple with compressed narratives and the fluid bombardment of text?
• What are the dialectics between image and word?
• How will our information machines generate new reading cultures?
• Can reading become a live, mobile social experience?
• Listen to Minke Kampman in De Avonden_in Dutch
• Review_Onze Taal, 7-8 2011, p. 218_in Dutch
• Review_Items - nr. 3, 2011_in Dutch
• Review _Frieze, 147 - May 2012, p. 147
• Review_Gonzo, nr. 109 - May-June 2012, p. 96-97 | more
I Read Where I Am
contains visionary texts about the future of reading and the status of the word. We read anytime and anywhere. We read of screens, we read out on the streets, we read in the office but less and less we read a book at home on the couch. We are, or are becoming, a different type of reader. The question remains which shape will it take and what experience does one want? To answer all these (and other) questions we have asked people from different backgrounds, subject to the aforementioned changes, to think about these issues. | more